I do more than just write answers to questions, I read as well. And my days involve math as well. It’s like being back in school, but this time with a calculator and spell check. Oh where were you when I needed you. Back then we had flash cards and now we have flash RAM.
I still remember when my high school chemistry teacher let us put down our slide rules and bring in a calculator. And those early calculators were expensive. But my best memory was when fellow classmate, Jeff Kemp, latter NFL quarterback, brought in the first calculator and someone stole it. Damn you chemistry students!
So anyway, the original plan for this post was to share with you what I’m reading today to see what is going on. I’ll just post a running list below.
What I’m Reading Today
- Economists React: CPI Reflects ‘Crunch’ in Consumer Spending
- Automakers’ Issues Worry Credit Markets
- Investors Hit BofA Loan Modifications
- ‘Saved by Zero’: The Toyota Ad That Won’t Stop
- Plastic Surgery Below the Belt (I thought the title referred to cutting credit card debt, ‘plastic surgery’, oops. Warning: It’s Not!)
- The New Star Trek Trailer Is Online
- Reid seeks to lower expectations for auto bailout
- Less Power to Purchase: Consumers’ Credit Card Limits Slashed as Companies Try to Reduce Risk
- Mortgage ‘Reform’ Is Just a Small Step Forward
- The Money Has Come From Somewhere
- Time Inc. Layoffs: Publishers, Top Execs. at Southern Progress and Cooking Light Out
- BASF to Shut Down 80 Plants Temporarily, Cuts View
- Top Traders Still Expect the Cash
- Fury at U-turn on IVAs: Insolvency experts attack Government’s retreat from plans for simplified IVAs.
- The ten most expensive places to park in the world