I have $43,540 in student loan debt. They are charging 1% of the payment and a monthly maintance fee.
Is this legal? How are they doing this? Seems to be a legit company and have a good BBB rating.
If you want to pay some money for something you can do yourself. That’s your choice to do that. However I can’t see how it benefits you if you are paying a monthly fee.
Just today I wrote an article that talked about the rise of student loan assistance programs. See Student Loan Assistance Rescue Scams On the Rise – Buyer Beware.
All of the benefits Student Loan Service mentions on the front page of their website, you can get yourself for free without paying anyone. The money you save can be used to payoff your student loans faster.
A search of Student Loan Service with the State of California, where they are located, could not find any LLC or corporation registered under that name.
There is a company, NDP Services, Inc. that is listed at 4747 Viewridge Ave, Suite 220, San Diego, CA 92123 that the BBB lists as a related company.
Student Loan Service claims they are located at:
4747 Viewridge Ave
San Diego, CA 92123
And according to the Better Business Bureau the company owner is Anthony Murigu who we’ve written about before.
I would suggest you call the Department of Education and talk to them about the consolidation services they offer for free.
I’m curious of Student Loan Service even mentioned to you these services are available for free from the Department of Education? Did they?
Student Loan Resources
You can use the following student loan resources to help reorganize, discharge or forgive your student loan payments.
The Overall Guide to Dealing With Student Loan Debt
Get Help For Your Student Loan Problem
Discharge Your Student Loans in Bankruptcy
- How to Really Discharge Your Student Loans in Bankruptcy. Many Can. But Never Try.
- A Look at Sallie Mae and Other Student Loans Discharged in Bankruptcy in 2012
- Federal Student Loans Discharged in Bankruptcy. A Look at the Surprising 2012 Data and Cases.
- These Private Student Loans Can Be Easily Discharged in Bankruptcy
- All Student Loan Bankruptcy Discharge Articles
Getting Sued Over a Student Loan
Private Student Loan Help
- Top 10 Reasons You Should Stop Paying Your Unaffordable Private Student Loan
- Private Student Loan Lenders Silently Slash Debt But You Don’t Know It
Student Loan Default
Student Loan Forgiveness and Discharge Information
- The Ultimate Guide to Dealing With Student Loans You Can’t Afford
- Obama Student Loan Forgivess Program
- Military Student Loan Forgiveness and Discharge Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness or Discharge Can Create a Huge Tax Bill. Watch Out!
- Student Loan Public Service Loan Forgiveness – New Forms and Documentation Released
- Government Student Loan Disability Discharge
Watch Out for Student Loan Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Assistance Rescue Scams On the Rise – Buyer Beware
- Student Loan Assistance Report Out. Shows Danger of Such Programs.
Administrative Wage Garnishment
Student Loan Consolidation Information
- Student Loan Consolidation Payment and Interest Rate Calculator
- Student Loan Consolidation Opportunities and the Best Way to Lower Your Student Loan Payments
- Federal Direct Consolidation Loan Online Calculator
Specific Federal Student Loan Repayment Program Information
- Standard Repayment Plan
- Graduated Repayment Plan
- Extended Repayment Plan
- Income Based Repayment Plan
- Pay As You Earn Repayment Plan
- Income Contingent Repayment Plan
- Income Sensitive Repayment Plan
Maybe College Isn’t the Answer
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.