Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts Canada International Debt

I Tried Cockburn & Associates But Should I File Bankruptcy in Canada? – Cris

Written by Steve Rhode

“Dear Steve,

I was self employed for a number of years operating in all cash. The work dried up a couple years ago and I finally gave up on it in Feb 2012. So for a good year I was living beyond my means holding out hope but it was all for naught.

I moved to a different city for a regular job but found it difficult to maintain normal employment so it was hard to pay down my debts. I have Visa Debt, my car was repo’d and a couple of 3000$ bills to take care of. My debt load is over 36,000$ I’ve managed to keep this current job for 2 months and it looks good.

I tried Cockburn and associates for a month until I got the heads up about them. Should I declare bankruptcy or seek Canadian credit counseling or move into the forest?


Man in the field

Dear Cris,

The answer is “yes.” You should actually spend some time looking into your different options to deal with your debt. You can probably skip “moving into the forest.”

By closely examining your other options you can then make an educated and informed decision about what solution has the greatest chance of success and best matches the goal you are trying to achieve.

Once you actually take action to deal with the past debt you will then be able to take what you learned from the experience and doing better moving forward.

Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.

morehelp1 Choice1 Choice2 Choice3 Big Hug!
Get Out of Debt Guy - Twitter , G+ , Facebook
If you have a credit or debt question you'd like to ask just use the online form .

READ  Cockburn & Associates - Consumer Complaint - December 7, 2016

About the author

Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

Share a Comment / Leave a Reply

Scroll to Top
%d bloggers like this: