We filed previously with you about being scammed out of $1990.00 by United Mortgage Consulting.
How long can it take for a response? We have filed complaints with the BBB, Ca State’s Attorney, IL States Attorney, FTC, FBI. Most of them stated there was nothing they could do or we never heard from them at all. We do appreciate your website and updates. Hopefully it will help someone else from being scammed.
Thanks for what you do.
Filing complaints with resources like you mentioned helps to paint a bigger picture of entities that need attention. With budget cutbacks and staff reductions it is not possible for many authorities to chase down every single complaint.
But when a number of people complain then it is more likely those agencies will focus limited resources to go after those entities.
The CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) is also a good place to file a complaint. They do respond to every complaint and you can file a complaint online here.
I also publish a list of other places you can file complaints online.
I wish I had better news for you but the reality is if the company fails to respond to complaints you may be left with either having to kiss your money good bye or taking legal action yourself. This might be with the help of an attorney or doing it yourself through your local small claims court.
If some good can come from this it would be helpful to apply what you learned from this experience so you never run into it again. No sense wasting a perfectly good mistake.
I would recommend that anyone considering using such a company should read the following fee guides.
- The Ultimate Consumer Guide to Checking Out a Debt Relief Company Before You Sign On the Line
- 10 Must Do Steps to Find the Best Credit Counseling or Debt Settlement Company for You
- How to Check Out a Business or Company to Avoid Getting Scammed or Ripped Off
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
- How Do I Get an Amex Card After Cards Closed for Dispute Abuse - October 19, 2021
- What Happened in USA Case Against Rayan Vanderhoof? - October 18, 2021
- Did Dave Ramsey Really Pay Back His Creditors After Bankruptcy? - October 15, 2021