I received a mailer containing my name, my address, my last year mortgage amount, my mortgage servicer, an eligibility code and a toll free number of 800-859-8641 and a promise of loan modification to reduce my interest rate. When I responded to the number, I was told that they were The Remedy Group, composed of attys and investors in mortgages. Asking me a few questions, I was declared possibly eligible for their loan modification program to lower my interest rate to 3%. I was given a direct number in the area code 949 and requested to fax 1) my current mortgage statement 2) bank statement of the past 2 mos. 3) 2012 tax return and 4) a current utility bill.
Are these the same people you are talking about? And its a scam?
I would certainly like to see that mailer, you can get it to me here.
Let’s review what happened here.
1. You got an advertisement mailer.
2. It prompted you to call a salesperson.
3. Now they want you to fax your most sensitive information to strangers?
Not only is this a bad idea but it is the poster child of all bad ideas.
If you want to check and see if you are eligible for a loan modification, for free, just contact a HUD Housing Counselor. These nonprofit counselors will assist you to understand what programs are available, if any.
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
Do you have a question you'd like to ask me for free? Go ahead and click here.
- Lexington Law Credit Repair Gets Hammered in Lawsuit Settlement. If You Sell Credit Repair – Wake Up! - August 28, 2023
- People That Got Scammed by Robocall Debt Relief Company Life Management Services of Orange County to Get Money Back - July 7, 2023
- Consumers Charged Illegal Student Loan Relief Fees to Get Some Scratch Back - July 7, 2023