Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts Credit Report / Credit Score

How Do I Take Care of The Two Old Debts on My Credit Report? – Alexandra

Written by Steve Rhode

“Dear Steve,

I used to have a Chase Credit Card for $500. I haven’t used it since 2008 and because of some problems and no money at that time couldn’t afford to pay it out ($331). Now I got stuck with this credit card reporting each month on my Credit history as a collection. Also I have a medical Collection of $55. I used to live in Maryland and after I moved to Miami. The Dr. office sent me the bill on my Maryland address and because I wasn’t living there anymore, didn’t know I have to pay this additional $55. Now I got stuck with them as a collection on my Credit History also.

Is there anyway I can pay these amounts and get them cleared of my Credit History, or is there a legit company that can help me fix this issue on my history.

Thank you very much Steve and looking forward for your advises.

Best Regards,


help woman narrow

Dear Alexandra,

Sounds like you should just pay them in full and have them noted as closed on your credit report.

There doesn’t sound as if there is any dispute you owe the debt and having good credit is not about hiding the past but about having current good credit reported about you. See The Get Out of Debt Guy Free and Easy Credit Repair Guide

Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.

morehelp1 Choice1 Choice2 Choice3 Big Hug!
Get Out of Debt Guy - Twitter , G+ , Facebook
If you have a credit or debt question you'd like to ask just use the online form .

READ  Quick Credit Tip: Become an Authorized User

About the author

Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

Share a Comment / Leave a Reply

Scroll to Top
%d bloggers like this: