Latest Posts
Home > Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts > My Credit Card Has Gone to a Collector. Who Can I go to for Help? – John

My Credit Card Has Gone to a Collector. Who Can I go to for Help? – John

“Dear Steve,

I owe $28,500 on one credit card, have a truck payment of $350 a month, and pay $700 for rent. I make roughly about $2,800 a month.

My credit card has gone to a collector. I haven’t paid on the credit card in over a year. Who can I go to for help in getting what I owe cut down and a affordable monthly payment?



Dear John,

I think your easiest and first step is to click here for debt management information. This might be a debt that a debt management company can get the interest rate reduced on but you won’t know until you check it out. It really depends on who the original creditor is/was and what instructions have been given to the collector.


Get Out of Debt Free Hotline
debt settlement helpstudent loan help

About Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode
Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

Get My FREE Get Out of Debt Guy Newsletter

It is the smart thing to do.

I promise to keep your email safe and secure.


I want to keep you posted each weekday with just one email about the latest get out of debt news, scam alerts and information to beat back debt.

You can unsubscribe at any time with just one click.

After you subscribe, check your email to confirm your subscription. If the confirmation email does not appear in your inbox in a few minutes, check your spam folder for it. Sometimes it likes to annoyingly hide there.

  • It will keep you posted on the latest scams.
  • You will be alerted to the latest articles.
  • You will wind up smarter than everyone else dealing with debt.