A big hat tip to the folks at Collections & Credit Risk for posting a breakdown of the CFPB October data on debt collection complaints.
According to the October data the debt collection complaints fell out like this:
- 485 (40.9%) continued attempts to collect debt not owed
- 244 (20.6%) communication tactics
- 233 (19.6%) disclosure verification of debt
- 82 (6.9%) false statements or representation
- 80 (6.7%) improper contact or sharing of info
- 62 (5.2%) taking/threatening an illegal action
You can read their full article here.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
I can always use your help. If you have a tip or information you want to share, you can get it to me confidentially if you click here.
- Credit Repair Cloud and Daniel Rosen Sued by CFPB - September 20, 2021
- Litigation Practice Group Tells Me to Cancel With Worden & Associates - September 17, 2021
- Is First Choice Advocacy Legit? - September 16, 2021