I just received a letter in the mail from Ferry & Nicholas, Inc., which reads almost identical to the letter from them posted on your website. They indicated Barclay’s Bank has filed a claim against me and the Sherrif will serve me soon. They also stated the creditor may attach my checking account. They provided me a case number but no court date. Is this legit? I do not know how to verify if a suite has been filed. Thanks so much for any assistance you can provide.
First off you need to understand this company is now a lawyers office. They say so in their letter, “We are not a law firm.” But from the look of the letterhead it would be easy to think they are.
I’ve written about Ferry & Nichols before, here.
It is easy to check and see if you have actually been sued. Just call your local county court house and ask them if they can confirm or deny the lawsuit allegation.
The company says they can help settle your claim so they look as if they are a debt settlement company.
I would recommend that anyone considering using such a company should read the following free guides.
- The Ultimate Consumer Guide to Checking Out a Debt Relief Company Before You Sign On the Line
- 10 Must Do Steps to Find the Best Credit Counseling or Debt Settlement Company for You
- How to Check Out a Business or Company to Avoid Getting Scammed or Ripped Off
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
- 5 Debt Mistakes That Can Cripple Your Event Business - December 7, 2021
- Thomas Lynch in Orange County Jail - December 7, 2021
- Get Out of Debt Book Club – Chicago and its Cesspools of Infamy - December 6, 2021