A very smart reader sent in a mailer they recently received. After they did some snooping around it set off warning bells.
I’ll share their story and you’ll see what I mean.
“I received this in the mail. When I called the number I got a lady who ask for my eligibility code. I asked her why is the eligibility code so important over the name of her company and what can they do for my situation. She told me that the code in question is a time stamp and in my case all document have to be signed today and sent to her. BIG RED FLAG. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM.
She then said I need to verify my name and my property address. I said to her before we go into that I need to know who I am speaking to, and what company she represents. She replies, “I have to give her the information that she needs before she can give me her name or her company name”. Another BIG RED FLAG, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM.
Steve please publish this, so that these people to not steal any poor people’s money. Thanks”
Do You Have a Question You'd Like Help With? Contact Debt Coach Damon Day. Click here to reach Damon.
There are a couple of warning signs to be aware of. First off, since the company sent out the mailer it is an advertising piece and people who call will be sales prospects who will be sold to.
Second, the inside of the mailer does NOT identify the company. On face value it appears to be nothing more than a lead generating piece by an undisclosed party.
I would recommend that anyone considering using such a company should read the following free guides.
- The Ultimate Consumer Guide to Checking Out a Debt Relief Company Before You Sign On the Line
- How to Check Out a Business or Company to Avoid Getting Scammed or Ripped Off
Also, be sure to read How Not to Get Scammed by a Mortgage Loan Modification Company.
If you have a credit or debt question you’d like to ask just use the online form. I’m happy to help you totally for free.
- We Rise From the Dead Yet Again – Podcast - October 2, 2023
- Lexington Law Credit Repair Gets Hammered in Lawsuit Settlement. If You Sell Credit Repair – Wake Up! - August 28, 2023
- People That Got Scammed by Robocall Debt Relief Company Life Management Services of Orange County to Get Money Back - July 7, 2023