Can Halifax Bank in the UK Keep Me Out of the Country? – Niko

“Dear Jon,

I owe UK Halifax bank £2,000, I now live outside the UK. I do not have UK passport.

Will I be denied Visa if I try to enter back into the UK? The VISA I usually get is a 6month visa on entry as I am a common wealth citizen (Belize country).

Thank you very much for your reply!



To my knowledge just owing Halifax is not in itself a reason to have your visitation Visa denied. You can confirm this with the UK Border Agency.

Keep in mind immigration laws here are changing all the time, however I have not read or heard of any unpaid bills or debts ever affecting a Visa here in the UK.

I hope this helps.



Jon Emge is an experienced UK debt advisor who has helped thousands and thousands of people in the UK to deal with problem debt. Jon specialises in finding good solutions for problem debt using a variety of UK specific techniques.

If you have a question you’d like to ask about how to get out of UK debt, just use the online form. I’m happy to help you for free.

See also  I'd Like to Get My British Passport Back. I'm in New Zealand and Left Debt in the UK. - Nicola

Leave a Comment