Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts

I Can’t Get My Money. – Kathryn


“Dear Steve,

I was awarded a settlement when i was younger fron NYCHA; i was not allowed to touch the money til i turn 18 years of age. i currently donot live with my mother some one else has full guardianship of me; i went to the bank to check up on the account and come to find out it was closed in 2006. My guardian didnt receive guardianship of me til 2007. i need the money because im getting ready to go to college.

How do i go about on recovering the money that was granted from the settlement.


Dear Kathryn,

You are going to need legal help with this situation. I would suggest that you speak to a local attorney that can advise and represent you in this serious matter.


You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.

About the author

Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

1 Comment

Leave a Comment

Scroll to Top