I Filed a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy But Now it is Getting Dismissed. – Laketia


“Dear Steve,

I filed chapter 13 bankruptcy in June of 06, I was laid off of my job Jan 09 I notified my attorney and I was told I still had to make my payments. I did’nt have a option of getting my plan decreased or anything I was just told to find a job point blank! Now my case is getting dismissed and I don’t know what to do or where to start to be able to keep my home and my car. please help!!

After my chapter13 case is dismissed where do I go from there?


Dear Laketia,

I’m going to ask some of my bankruptcy friends to comment on this question.


You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.

See also  Should I Sign With Fast Track Debt Relief? - Mary

9 thoughts on “I Filed a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy But Now it is Getting Dismissed. – Laketia”

  1. I am late 2 payments on my BK 13. On the 25 it will be 3 payments. I plan on making all the payments by Aug 1. I will be receiving a Notice of Dismissal, by paying off the amount due stop the Dismissal. I live in California.

  2. my husband filed chapter 13 and he has a lawyer he got a plan with the bankruptcy court, but i pulled up his credit report and the bankruptcy court is reporting that it has been dismissed but money is being taken out of his paycheck every 2 weeks, also on one item it’s showing that an item included in the bankruptcy has been discharged what does all of this mean, if the bankruptcy dismissed but is taking his money and another item that is included in the case was given to another company on his credit report it’s reporting as been written of, but this company sent his spouse aletter stating that they are the new finance company and also have a new loan number what does all of this mean, i’m not on the loan just my husband and daughter also can a bankruptcy stop a person from getting employment.


Leave a Comment