Subscribe to our mailing list


I’m Disabled and Want to Remove Old Student Loan Debt

By on July 26, 2016


Dear Steve,

I defaulted on student loans, over 20 yrs ago. never completed exit interview. never paid any amount on them.shortly thereafter became disabled and now disabled/retired 68 yrs old. only have non taxable income. 1000 mo. delinquent loans not on credit info.

How can i remove student loan debt?



Dear Rod,

Since this is a very old student loan I would imagine it is a federal loan since they were more prevalent back then. The process for having a federal student loan forgiven if you are permanently disabled is pretty straightforward. Just go to and complete the application process.

If this is private student loan debt, please let me know in the comments section below.

Choice1 Choice2 Choice3 Big Hug!
Get Out of Debt Guy - Twitter , G+ , Facebook
If you have a credit or debt question you'd like to ask just use the online form .

READ  5 Little-Known Ways to Get Your Student Loans Forgiven

About Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

One Comment

  1. Steve Rhode

    July 26, 2016 at 11:12 am

    Rod, I just answered your question.

Share a Comment / Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: