I Just Got a 1099-C Form for a Debt From 16 Years Ago

Question: Dear Steve, I received a 1099-C for charge off debt in 2004. I filed my taxes already. This debt occurred when I was married. Divorced for more than 6 years. The single parent no child support. I support my household alone. Can I claim insolvent on this based on my the household falls on … Read more