This morning Howard Dvorkin, the president of Consolidated Credit Counseling Services, a Florida based credit counseling non-profit company, and I talked about the new debt settlement rules and other things.
Here are some of the topics we chatted about.
- Attorneys getting into debt settlement right now.
- Credit Advocates, a Florida debt settlement company, regarding this article.
- Does credit counseling want to eliminate debt settlement because they are competition.
- The place for debt settlement.
- The percentage of consumers that are appropriate for debt settlement.
- How good guys in debt settlement should deal with a troubled industry that becomes regulated.
- How the scrutiny by regulators of the debt management world impacted the credit counseling industry.
- The impact the debt settlement news has impacted credit counseling.
- The prediction moving forward of what will happen in the debt settlement world.
- The last chance money grab.
- The failure of debt settlement companies and the financial loss to consumers when the business fails.
- Who will survive the debt settlement regulations.
- Low volumes in the credit counseling world.
You can listen to the interview below.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
Do you have a question you'd like to ask me for free? Go ahead and click here.
I can always use your help. If you have a tip or information you want to share, you can get it to me confidentially if you click here.
- Major Changes to Now Allow You to Eliminate Federal Student Loans in Bankuptcy - November 23, 2022
- FTC Goes After Timeshare Exit Players That Allegedly Target Older Folks - November 23, 2022
- Another Half Assed Attempt to Fix Federal Student Loans With Bankruptcy - November 18, 2022