This morning Howard Dvorkin, the president of Consolidated Credit Counseling Services, a Florida based credit counseling non-profit company, and I talked about the new debt settlement rules and other things.
Here are some of the topics we chatted about.
- Attorneys getting into debt settlement right now.
- Credit Advocates, a Florida debt settlement company, regarding this article.
- Does credit counseling want to eliminate debt settlement because they are competition.
- The place for debt settlement.
- The percentage of consumers that are appropriate for debt settlement.
- How good guys in debt settlement should deal with a troubled industry that becomes regulated.
- How the scrutiny by regulators of the debt management world impacted the credit counseling industry.
- The impact the debt settlement news has impacted credit counseling.
- The prediction moving forward of what will happen in the debt settlement world.
- The last chance money grab.
- The failure of debt settlement companies and the financial loss to consumers when the business fails.
- Who will survive the debt settlement regulations.
- Low volumes in the credit counseling world.
You can listen to the interview below.
I can always use your help. If you have a tip or information you want to share, you can get it to me confidentially if you click here.