The IRS has just posted a public update on the nonprofit credit counseling agencies that have recently lost their 501(c)3 tax status from the IRS.
The companies named lost their nonprofit status in April and early May, 2012. They include:
- Budget Right Debt Management, Inc. Lake Mary, FL 4/9/12
- Budget Right Debt Management, Inc. Maitland, FL 4/9/12
- Consumer Advocacy Group, Inc. Beverly Hills, CA 4/16/12
- CreditGuard of America, Inc. Boca Raton, FL 4/16/12
- A Family Budget Counseling, Inc. Huntington City, NY 4/30/12
- Freedom Debt Management, Inc. Boca Raton, FL 5/7/12
I can always use your help. If you have a tip or information you want to share, you can get it to me confidentially if you click here.