Yesterday I bitched about being surprised debt relief companies keep selling without a license in Connecticut and today comes another example made public by the State Department of Banking.
WHEREAS, Allan Pullin is an individual who is not licensed to practice law in Connecticut, is not licensed as a debt negotiator in Connecticut, and has a place of business located in New York;
WHEREAS, Pullin Law is a professional corporation organized under the laws of the State of New York with offices located at 7600 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 402, Woodbury, New York; 3075 Veterans Memorial Highway, Suite 130, Ronkonkoma, New York; 201 Old Country Road, Suite 208, Melville, New York; 2929 Expressway Drive North, Suite 310A, Hauppauge, New York; and 2929 Expressway Drive North, Suite 310A, Islandia, New York;
WHEREAS, Pullin Law is not licensed as a debt negotiator in Connecticut;
Do You Have a Question You'd Like Help With? Contact Debt Coach Damon Day. Click here to reach Damon.
WHEREAS, Respondents, through their execution of this Consent Order, consent to the Commissioner’s entry of a Consent Order imposing the following sanctions:
1. Respondents shall immediately cease and desist from violating Section 36a-671(b) of the Connecticut General Statutes;
2. No later than February 1, 2016, either Respondent shall repay Four Thousand Dollars ($4,000) to the Connecticut resident identified in Exhibit A attached hereto, and shall provide Carmine Costa, Director, Consumer Credit Division, Department of Banking, 260 Constitution Plaza, Hartford, Connecticut 06103-1800, or firstname.lastname@example.org, evidence of such repayment; provided, however, that such restitution shall be made according to Exhibit B attached hereto; and3.
3. No later than February 1, 2016, either Respondent shall remit to the Department of Banking by cashier’s check, certified check or money order, made payable to “Treasurer, State of Connecticut”, the sum of Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500) as a civil penalty; provided, however, that such penalty shall be made according to Exhibit B attached hereto. – Source
I simply do not understand why the obvious lesson after all these articles about people getting caught in Connecticut is just to register for a license.
Is that lesson not obvious for some reason?
I can always use your help. If you have a tip or information you want to share, you can get it to me confidentially if you click here.
- We Rise From the Dead Yet Again – Podcast - October 2, 2023
- Lexington Law Credit Repair Gets Hammered in Lawsuit Settlement. If You Sell Credit Repair – Wake Up! - August 28, 2023
- People That Got Scammed by Robocall Debt Relief Company Life Management Services of Orange County to Get Money Back - July 7, 2023