A reader sent me in this mailer through my I Buy Junk Mail program.
If you or someone you know has received a mailer like the one shown here, keep in mind there is no government program called the Credit Card Assistance Program. This is a sales lead generation piece that will lead to a sales pitch for a program of some sort.
I’d love to know what type of program this is since the mailer claims:
- Avoid Negative Public Records
- Immediate Reduction of Payments
- Make Only One Payment Per Month
- Not Debt Settlement or Bankruptcy
Don’t fall for the “eligibility” sales pitch. The only real eligibility is if you will fall for the sales pitch and you have enough debt for them to profit on.
The check on the bottom of the mailer is not a live check. This is not the first mailer I’ve posted that mentioned the fanciful Credit Card Assistance Program.
The mailing address on this piece is 2000 Pennsylvania Ave, #285, Washington, DC 20006 and has been associated with United Credit Solutions and other groups. – Source
The mailer does not state who the entity is behind the claims in order to check them out.
I would advise anyone to checkout the company using my guides below before they sign on the line for anything.
- The Ultimate Consumer Guide to Checking Out a Debt Relief Company Before You Sign On the Line
- How to Check Out a Business or Company to Avoid Getting Scammed or Ripped Off
- Lexington Law Credit Repair Gets Hammered in Lawsuit Settlement. If You Sell Credit Repair – Wake Up! - August 28, 2023
- People That Got Scammed by Robocall Debt Relief Company Life Management Services of Orange County to Get Money Back - July 7, 2023
- Consumers Charged Illegal Student Loan Relief Fees to Get Some Scratch Back - July 7, 2023