Should I Be Worried About Bilkish Chasing me in India or the UAE?


Dear Jon,

Wanted a piece of advice on below please.

I took bank loan in Oman HSBC in 2014 and left country when I lost the job though paid loan instalment for 6 months only.

In-between Bilkish team from Mumbai Office contacted me in India but somehow it passed on several years., nothing happened to me

And the main issue now is, I am back to UAE and working with a company. And I got a call from Bilkish office from India and later form UAE on my new UAE mobile no. for which rather I surprised/shocked for this. Wondering/wondered how they traced my details and who gave my contact details to Bilkish? Even they came to know about my company as well. And sent a mail to our HR for confirming my working with them and my pay etc.

Our HR director forwarded that mail to me and I replied stating I am in contact with bank.

And than Bilkish guys called me yesterday and asked my plan how I pay the loan amount etc.. But I told them to give me a week time and call back with my proposal/plan for settlement.

So, sir, please help me on below:
– What should be my plan and tell Bilkish for repayment
– What should be my position now since they contacted my company and damaged reputation.
– Whether our company take any action on me? it is personnel, nothing to do with Company, right?
– And whether Bilkish inform HSBC in UAE and create problem?
– Or I shall contact directly to HSBC and request for waiver and settle for less amount? is it possible?

I am in bad situation now and please help what should be my stand ?

Urgent advise is appreciated, sir. please

Thanks, Vaasu



I understand your concerns, and what you can do will depend on a few matters.

Just to address your questions, and sorry to answer questions, with a question::

See also  Will I Really be Deported Because of My Debts From the UAE?

* Can you afford to set-up a repayment plan with Bilkish, and what have been their demands regarding payment?

* Reputation aside, you can attempt to request they no longer contact your employer. This is a bullying approach from collection agencies, some countries have laws against this.

Do You Have a Question You'd Like Help With? Contact Debt Coach Damon Day. Click here to reach Damon.

* I cannot say or speculate as to if your employer would take action against you; I would hope not. You are correct that the issue is a personal matter, and should not reflect on your work.

* If Bilkish does contact HSBC in the UAE, it my address your question about contacting HSBC directly to work out a repayment plan. Contacting HSBC to see if they can reclaim the account and if you can work out a repayment plan may be better than a collection agency handling it.

The questions will be, how much can you afford to pay? If the collection agency or HSBC do not accept your proposal, or you cannot afford to pay what they demand, we may need to look at this a bit closer.

Let me know in the comments section below.



Damon Day - Pro Debt Coach

Jon Emge is an experienced UK debt advisor who has helped thousands and thousands of people in the UK to deal with problem debt. Jon specialises in finding good solutions for problem debt using a variety of UK specific techniques.

If you have a question you’d like to ask about how to get out of UK debt, just use the online form.

Comments are closed.