Will the NHS Come After Me for Overpayment of Wages?



I lived in the U.K. for 3 years and my job with the NHS is saying I owe them 1,500 for an overpayment. I now live in the US permanently. Can this debt follow me here?

Will the £1,500 debt follow me to the United States?




There are some employers that may try to pursue an ex-employee for overpayment of wages, however, pursuing them to another country is a whole different matter. There are costs involved, and also legal issues.

I would venture that the NHS will not pursue you in the US for the overpayment.

Have they stated how the extra money was paid to you? Was it for used holidays or additional hours?




You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.

Damon Day - Pro Debt Coach

See also  I'm From the US and Had to Leave the UK with Student Loan Debt

2 thoughts on “Will the NHS Come After Me for Overpayment of Wages?”

Leave a Comment