I Can’t Find IRS Form 4598 You Mentioned for 1099 Issues


Dear Steve,

I read an article authored by Steve Rhode on February 4, 2021.

The article was entitled “How to deal with a new 1099-c issued on old debt using a little-known IRS form 4598.

I searched the IRS site for the form but I could not find it.

Do You Have a Question You'd Like Help With? Contact Debt Coach Damon Day. Click here to reach Damon.

Any suggestions?



Dear Ira,

As I said in the piece, you have to call the IRS and they fill it out. Good luck getting through to them.

Go back to the article and look at the section Back the Tax Bus Up.

Damon Day - Pro Debt Coach

Follow Me
Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.
Steve Rhode
Follow Me

Comments are closed.