Table of Contents
This review was the result of the mention by State Capital Financial in a lawsuit by the Minnesota Attorney General.
1920 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd. Suite 806
Hallandale Beach, Florida 33009
800 North Shoreline Blvd, Suite 1000
Corpus Christi, YX 78401
Sources say the company used to be located in Austin, Texas.
SCF State Capital Financial’s™ corporate headquarters is located in Corpus Christi, Texas. It is from this location that we are able to service our clients nationwide. Branch office also in Hallandale Beach, Florida. – Source.
I was unable to find SCF State Capital Financial registered to do business in Florida.
“SCF State Capital Financial™ mission is to help people from all walks of life get a fresh start with their personal finances.” – Source
I do like the fact they warn consumers against dealing with debt settlement companies that don’t have a physical office address and not a PO Box or mail drop. – Source
It does confuse me why the company is doing business out of a physical location in FLorida but does not appear to be registered as a foreign corporation in Florida. And while there is a brief mention here and there of State Capital Financial being headquartered out of Texas, there is little mention of that office or operation from alternative sources.
The company was sued by the Minnesota Attorney General for its debt settlement services. Read information here.
Here is a very interesting story about the relationship between the President of TASC, Chris Kesterson, and Scott Rister.
As a former employee of this company I have seen it all. Chris bought out Scott and they parted ways. Chris decides now, After ripping off so many people that he wish’s to pursue his former employees to testify on his behalf against Scott, his former partner. Chris is spending thousands of dollars to get out of the buy out because he knows Scott, does not have the money to fight him. Scott, opened State Capital financial in Austin Texas but now resides in Florida. His mommy, Katherine Kesterson, AKA Katherine K still lives in Dallas and pretty well runs both companies. She is seen quite frequently in DSA doing a job on Chris. (Katherine K is the ex-wife of Chris Kesterson and the mommy of Scott Rister). – Source
Well apparently there is some truth to the allegation. Scott Rister was listed as “a Debt Settlement America owner and Managing Director.” in a case between FH1 Financial Services (they go by FH Financial Services) and Debt Settlement America. Fh Financial Services was another company that was included in the lawsuit by the Minnesota Attorney General. How ironic.
Do You Have a Question You'd Like Help With? Contact Debt Coach Damon Day. Click here to reach Damon.
Scott Ristter also testified that at Debt Settlement America he was “managing director and also supervise marketing, sales, and contracts departments.” In testimony, Scott Rister, stated Katherine Kesterson was a sales employee for Debt Settlement America.” – Source
Scott Rister also previously worked at Credit Solutions of America for a short period of time, another company that has been sued by several states. – Source
BBB Reviews & Ratings
The Company has two different BBB files.
The Texas report:
The BBB Texas review at the time I wrote this review.
The BBB Florida review at the time I wrote this review.
- State Capital Financial SCOTT RISTER I agree with Both complaints. This company is a fraud! They ignore you when you get sued and do not live up to any expectations whatsoever. I know of people in this industry. Money thieves! Hallandale Beach, Corpus Christi, Florida
- State Capital Financial SCF Scam, Rated F on BBB, Scrupilous Fees, No Guarentees and No results, Fees are collected before any work is done and it doesnt matter they are not good company and will not give you results. hallandale , Florida
- Debt Settlement America And State Capital Financial Girly feud between owners ripping off people Dallas Texas
- I want my money back. They were suppose to talk to my credit cards and get the payment lowered and they never did.
Picture of Web Site
Is This Your Company?
If this is a review is about your company and you would like to respond to the information I’ve presented here to possibly put it into a broader context or make a correction, please feel free to post your response in the comments section below. I invite you to read my Debt Relief Company and Site Review Policy first.
- We Rise From the Dead Yet Again – Podcast - October 2, 2023
- Lexington Law Credit Repair Gets Hammered in Lawsuit Settlement. If You Sell Credit Repair – Wake Up! - August 28, 2023
- People That Got Scammed by Robocall Debt Relief Company Life Management Services of Orange County to Get Money Back - July 7, 2023