Another fantabulous tipster (send in your tips here) sent in the following scanned copy of yet another government looking self-mailer that sells debt relief services.
This one is for the 2010 US Credit Card Hardship Benefits program.
As you can see it purports to be an official looking government form with form number 10-PNH3.
It states that the pending hardship benefits include:
- Immediate Reduction of Payments by 50% – 60%
- Eliminate ALL Credit Card Debt in 12 to 36 months
- Save and Restore your Credit by Avoiding Bankruptcy
- No Interest Rates Accrue From Enrollment Start Date
- Make Only 1 Payment per Month – Pay Nothing until 2011
- Avoid Costly Debt Management or Credit Counseling
- Stop Harassing Calls from Creditors and Bill Collectors
Of course the problem with all of those claims is that except for the one payment statement, they can easily be proven to be untrue for the typical consumer.
The tipster (send in your tips here) said they called the telephone number, 888-599-6618, and was connected for a representative for US Legal Services Group, a company I previously wrote about here. As you can see in my review of the client contract, I had some real concerns.
The tipster (send in your tips here) said:
I actually called this one and got the pitch. It was HORRIBLY misleading and non-compliant in every way. He even told me that he would do the everything by phone and then have a notary meet me to sign docs “really fast”. I asked if there was a presentation and he said they only need a notary to meet me to sign the docs as a formality. They sent me to the following website that would be the attorneys representing me. OMG!
What is interesting is the tipster (send in your tips here) was referred to uslegalservicesinc.com where the site I reviewed before was uslsgroup.com.
The uslsgroup.com site says U.S. Legal Services Group is located at:
780 W. Town & Country Rd.
Orange, CA 92868
But the privacy terms on the site say the entity responsible for the site is:
National Consumer Legal Services, Inc.
10161 Park Run Dr. #150
Las Vegas, NV 89145
The uslegalservicesinc.com site says it is located at:
10161 Park Run Drive, Suite #150
Las Vegas, NV 89145
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
I can always use your help. If you have a tip or information you want to share, you can get it to me confidentially if you click here.
- What Happened in USA Case Against Rayan Vanderhoof? - October 18, 2021
- Did Dave Ramsey Really Pay Back His Creditors After Bankruptcy? - October 15, 2021
- How Can I Deal With My Student Loans After Bankruptcy? - October 14, 2021