Date This Problem Happened: August 4, 2009
State You Live in: Nevada
Age Range: 36-50
Total Amount of Fee Paid: $5,383.83
Company Name: Express Debt Settlement
PO Box 812468
Boca Raton, FL 33481
Company Telephone Number: 888-771-3328
Website of Company: ExpressDebt.net
The following was stated per the phone conversation:
• Debt would be paid quickly; 2 Creditors paid, 1 Judgment (funds were available in trust account to pay creditor, but EDS let the summons turn into judgment for non payment) currently being paid; two out of the three arrangements were made by myself, since starting program August 04, 2009.
• All court hearing would be settled with/through assigned attorney at Simon & Bocksch Law Office. John Simon, not sure it he is an attorney. Court hearings handled by myself.
• Monthly status of account would be provided – Received nothing as of October 27, 2011.
• Should have little effect on credit. Part of negotiation with Credit will be to note on credit bureau report; Paid as Agreed (only one account is noted as so).
The following was NOT stated in the phone conversation:
• Administrative charge of $5,373.83 or 15% of $35,825.51, which was required BEFORE services were performed. Was not advised of charge, otherwise I would not have agreed to services.
• Monthly processing fee of $49 for NoteWorld Servicing Center; per agreement $12.50.
I cancelled my account with NoteWord and requested my funds be transferred back into my account; EDS took the funds. However, they did turn them since I corresponded via email regarding the wrongfulness of their action, probably thought I would go away, Boy were they wrong.
I WILL GO AWAY WHEN I RECEIVED MY FULL REFUND.
Consumer Action Taken:
I wrote Express Debt Settlement to advise Them I was very unhappy with Their services. I signed the agreement with the understanding I would be provided the utmost service, in which they have provided more false then accurate information.
I have requested a full refund in the amount of $5,373.83; payable by November 15, 2011. EDS received certified letter on Nov 07, 2011. Request all correspondences in writing, have received NO response as of Nov 16th.
So, I have started filing complaints per your site :)
We sent a letter to the company at the address given by the consumer and asked them to publicly respond to this complaint.
If you feel you’ve been financially hurt by a debt relief company and deserve a refund, read these step-by-step instructions on how to proceed to attempt to get your money back.
If you do get your money back, come back and leave a comment about it. I’d love to praise companies that step-up and do the right thing for people.
Scam reports are submitted by consumers like you. If you would like to file a scam report, please click here.
If you are the company named in this report and you want to respond, please read How to Handle a Consumer Complaint Like a Pro And Come Out Smelling Like a Rose