According to the Office of the Attorney General of Indiana, they are going after a number of debt relief companies and have filed recent suits.
The Attorney General’s Office filed lawsuits against:
- Consumer Credit Group of Florida and Proactive Planning Solutions of Arizona for violating Indiana’s Do Not Call Law and Auto-Dialer Act known as the robo-call law. Both companies violated the Credit Service Organization Act and Deceptive Consumer Sales Act by not obtaining $25,000 surety bonds with the state and collecting money upfront without performing any services.
- Debt Zero of California for collecting money up front, failing to provide services or a refund and operating without a $25,000 surety bond.
- Clear One Advantage of Maryland and Credit Arbitrators of Texas for violating the Credit Service Organization Act and the Deceptive Consumer Sales Act by not obtaining the required surety bonds.
Since January of 2011, the Attorney General’s Office has received more than 130 complaints from consumers who have been victimized by credit services agencies or debt settlement companies.
Attorney General Zoeller also said the five lawsuits are part of a broader effort to crackdown on credit service companies advertising in Indiana.
He said the office is investigating 60 out-of-state companies to determine if they are complying with state law in their dealings with consumers.
In addition, the office has entered into settlements with American Debt Services, Capital Debt Relief, Credit Answers, Financial Management, MSI Credit Solutions and Silverleaf Debt Solutions. – Source
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
I can always use your help. If you have a tip or information you want to share, you can get it to me confidentially if you click here.
- Get Out of Debt Book Club – Chicago and its Cesspools of Infamy - December 6, 2021
- Rapid Reader Questions: Walmart, Apartment, Credit Risk, College - December 3, 2021
- Will Parking Fines or Speeding Tickets Affect My Credit Score? - December 2, 2021