Latest Posts
Home > Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts > How Do I Get My Ex-Husband to Pay The Attorney Fees He Owes Me? – Michelle

How Do I Get My Ex-Husband to Pay The Attorney Fees He Owes Me? – Michelle

“Dear Steve,

I have been divorced for 2 years and my ex has decided to file a chapter 13 to avoid going to jail over 11k of back child support. He was also court ordered to pay back all attorney fees to me after the divorce and has failed to do so. Child support recovery has taken over the child support part but I want my money back for the divorce.

Can I issue a claim againist him for the attorney fees and if so how do I do this?


boxer narrow

Dear Michelle,

You will need to contact a local attorney that is licensed in your state to understand what the process is an if you have to sue him to recover money he owes you.

Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.

Get Out of Debt Free Hotline
debt settlement helpstudent loan help

About Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode
Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

Get My FREE Get Out of Debt Guy Newsletter

It is the smart thing to do.

I promise to keep your email safe and secure.


I want to keep you posted each weekday with just one email about the latest get out of debt news, scam alerts and information to beat back debt.

You can unsubscribe at any time with just one click.

After you subscribe, check your email to confirm your subscription. If the confirmation email does not appear in your inbox in a few minutes, check your spam folder for it. Sometimes it likes to annoyingly hide there.

  • It will keep you posted on the latest scams.
  • You will be alerted to the latest articles.
  • You will wind up smarter than everyone else dealing with debt.