Date Received: 2018-03-19T00:00:00
Product: I do not know
Issue: Written notification about debt
Consumer Consent Provided to Share Complaint: Consent provided
Consumer Complaint: I have no idea who XXXX XXXX is or who they represent. This company entered a collection on my credit report without notifying me or contacting me regarding what this debt was about. I have never had an account with this company or anyone they claim to represent. XXXX XXXX is indicating that an account with the account number XXXX was opened with their company in XX/XX/2016. I never opened an account with them or anybody else. This account must be a result of identity theft or someone opening an account in my name using my identity. I have no knowledge of this account nor did I give anyone permission to open an account with my name.
When a debt collector engages in the collection of DEBT they must provide copies of the following items : 1. Provide a certified copy of the complete credit application that debtor signed to secure the credit with your entity.
2. Provide signed verification of each transaction that is part of the alleged cumulative debt.
3. Provide the contract or other instrument through which [ Alleged Creditor } authorized XXXX XXXX as third-party collection agent.
4. Provide a true and correct copy of the instrument by which [ XXXX XXXX } was authorized as a mixed-ownership government corporation with authority to hypothecate credit of the United States ( 31 U.S.C. 9101 ).
5. Provide the delegation of authority from the Director of the Office of Management Budget to XXXX XXXX, that authorizes y
our company to settle accounts of the United States ( Public Law 104-316 ).
6. Provide the Certified Assessment Certificate.
XXXX XXXX has violated the Gramm Leach Bliley Act Violation ( s ) : * Failure to provide a notice prior to reporting negative information to a credit reporting agency ( CRA ).
* Failure to provide a notice within 30 days after reporting negative information to a credit reporting agency ( CRA ).
* Failure to provide an Opt Out Notice.
* Sharing Non Public Information ( NPI ) without providing an Opt Out Notice
Company: CCS Financial Services, Inc.
State/Zip: FL 337XX
Company Response to Complaint: Closed with explanation
Was Company Response Timely: Yes
Did Consumer Dispute Company Response: N/A
Complaint ID: 2846915
The above data is from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Keep in mind that every company will get a complaint from time-to-time, even the great ones. But there are a few key data points that will give you an idea about how well the company values their customers and handles consumer issues.
Look at the item Company Response to Complaint: and Did Consumer Dispute Company Response: to get a better idea of how this was resolved. And the field Consumer Complaint: can give you some context of the issue.
In particular what you are looking for was that the company response was timely and that the consumer did not dispute it. The posting of complaints has proven to be a valuable resource for both companies and consumers.