I received a letter from a company called DVI (Debtvantage Inc.) claiming they want to provide a hardship program for me to consolidate my credit card debt with no interest/no fees.
Obviously this seems very intriguing as I could consolidate all of my debt into a manageable payment. But it also seems too good to be true. Have you heard of this before? Do you feel it is an unrealistic option or even a scam?
In looking at DebtVantage.com it looks like they are a debt settlement company.
Do You Have a Question You'd Like Help With? Contact Debt Coach Damon Day. Click here to reach Damon.
They say, “The use of debt settlement services will likely adversely affect your creditworthiness, may result in you being subject to collections or being sued by creditors or collectors and may increase the outstanding balances of your enrolled accounts due to the accrual of fees and interest. However, negotiated settlements we obtain on your behalf resolve the entire account, including all accrued fees and interest.”
And that is all entirely true. Debt settlement can be a good option in the right situation but it really depends on what the situation is. It is certainly not a mass mailer one-size-fits-all solution.
I could do a whole bunch of research here but I would recommend that anyone, including you, considering using such a company should read the following free guides.
- The Ultimate Consumer Guide to Checking Out a Debt Relief Company Before You Sign On the Line
- 10 Must Do Steps to Find the Best Credit Counseling or Debt Settlement Company for You
- How to Check Out a Business or Company to Avoid Getting Scammed or Ripped Off
I don’t know what a scam or too good to be true means to you but it makes logical sense to research your options before you leap at any one of them.
If you want to review what the major debt relief solutions are, click here.
I did do a quick search and found their listed office address of 111 Congress Ave Suite 400 Austin, TX 78701 is a virtual office space. It is not clear exactly where they are physically located. Ryan Duncan is listed as the president of the company. – Source
- We Rise From the Dead Yet Again – Podcast - October 2, 2023
- Lexington Law Credit Repair Gets Hammered in Lawsuit Settlement. If You Sell Credit Repair – Wake Up! - August 28, 2023
- People That Got Scammed by Robocall Debt Relief Company Life Management Services of Orange County to Get Money Back - July 7, 2023