Facebook. I should know better but I read the reviews (uuuugh just good ones). I just got charged $1.00 I believe. I just don’t want them to get more money.
Consumer Action Taken:
I haven’t tried because I just immediately came to you guys to see if you could tell me what to do.
Date This Problem Happened: June 14, 2022
State You Live in: NC
Age Range: 36-50
Total Amount of Fee Paid: $1
Company Name: Walmart on Facebook
Company Telephone Number:
Website of Company:
There are a number of warning signs when you click on the apply now button on the Facebook listing you sent.
That apply now takes you to a site other than Walmart. It goes to a page for an unrelated product. shepn.info/articles/review-dyson-v11-outsize-a-whole-home-stick-vac – Source
It seems this same scheme has been used for other products as well.
It also appears there are multiple posts with the same pitch. I noticed the post I found was added on June 9th but the one you sent was on June 11th.
The landing page shows you some BS questions and then asks you to gues which box your prize is in.
This eventually leads to a pages at campaign.cloudbraingames.com/us/c87ig3r/azpit/01.php – Source
It is easy to miss the fine print at the top of the page. Follow my yellow arrow. Once you submit your information it will lead to a $44 monthly recurring charge.
The terms on the CloudBrainGames.com site say the grill offer is a chance to win a grill and not actually purchasing one. Read the terms here.
The site terms say the company behind this is Backbyte LLC, 6627 Forest Ave, Ridgewood, NY, 11385. Yes, this will really bite you in the back.
I had to shake my head when I read this in the terms, “14. LAW: A Subscription(s) is void where prohibited by law. These Subscription(s) and Billing terms and any Subscription(s) available through Backbyte shall be governed by the laws of UNKNOWN.”
Here is What I Would Suggest Doing ASAP.
- Contact the credit card company and immediately report the transaction as fraud. Ask for a new credit card with a different number. Fraud is why people should NEVER USE A DEBIT CARD.
- You say you live in NC. You should immediately file a complaint with the Attorney Generals’ office. Click here.
- You could also file a complaint with the NY Attorney Generals’ office since that is where the company claims to be. Click here.
Come back and post an update in the comments below with the results of the steps above.
I did post a link to this report on the Facebook post I saw but I bet it gets deleted by the schemers.
If you feel you’ve been financially hurt by a debt relief company and deserve a refund, read these step-by-step instructions on how to proceed to attempt to get your money back.
If you do get your money back, come back and leave a comment about it. I’d love to praise companies that step-up and do the right thing for people.
Scam reports are submitted by consumers like you. If you would like to file a scam report, please click here.
If you are the company named in this report and you want to respond, please read How to Handle a Consumer Complaint Like a Pro And Come Out Smelling Like a Rose
- Clay Advisors – Same Debt Consolidation Loan Mailer, Different Name - August 18, 2022
- City of Chicago Goes After Strategic Financial Solutions and Monarch Legal Group - August 18, 2022
- Refunds Sent to Students Deceived by Student Advocates’ Debt Relief Scam - August 18, 2022