The Department of Education has changed how you access your student loan data. Why they didn’t redirect the old link to instructions is mind-boggling. But, there it is, frustrating.
[Updated NSLDS Access Information]
- To access your student loans data on the NSLDS, visit https://studentaid.gov
- Choose Log In
- Enter your FSA ID & Password
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- After you’ve entered the system, hover over your name, which is in the top right of the screen.
- Select My Aid
- Next, select Download My Aid Data which is to the right.
- The next window informs you to protect the downloaded file containing personally identifiable data and financial information. It is advisable to download this in the privacy of your home and not at public internet locations. Select Continue.
- This downloaded text file can now be sent to your financial advisor for analysis and recommendations based on your specific goals. Again, please protect this file as it contains personal financial information about your student loans.
Latest posts by Steve Rhode (see all)
- Strategic Financial Solutions and Ryan Sasson Stumble and Get Pounded - February 13, 2024
- These Emotions Stop You From Getting Out of Debt - January 11, 2024
- 16 Common Myths About Getting Out of Debt That Everyone Gets Wrong - January 8, 2024