A reader and tipster (send in your tips here) sent in some concern about the American Consumer Credit Counseling website that they wanted us to see.
In light of the Federal Trade Commission Telemarketing Sales Rules that prohibit a number of misleading advertising practices, it is surprising that American Consumer Credit Counseling is making the following statements on their landing page.
- Help you save up to 50% on your total credit card debt.
- Lower your interest rates by up to 50%. – Source
American Consumer Credit Counseling
130 Rumford Ave., Suite 202
Auburndale, MA 02466-1371
So, do you think, like the reader did, that making such statements about credit card debt and interest rates savings does not comply with FTC marketing guidelines?
Post your answer in the comments below.
The company does have a A+ rating with the BBB. The BBB page can be found here.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
I can always use your help. If you have a tip or information you want to share, you can get it to me confidentially if you click here.
- How to Get the Right Mindset to Invest in Crypto in Any Market - January 24, 2022
- My Deep Dive Into What Navient’s Student Loan Settlement Agreement Actually Says - January 24, 2022
- Beware of Business Opportunities That Are Illegal in Your State - January 21, 2022