Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts Bankruptcy Related

Can We Transfer Property to Our Child Before We File Bankruptcy? – Ricci

“Dear Steve,

We have over 60,000 of unbsecured debt. We want to file chapter 7 , however we own a vacant, buildable lot in our city. Can we deed this to one of our children prior to filing chapt 7. Also my husband works temporary work , can we still file chapter 7 in the window he is not working ?


Dear Ricci,

The transfer of property within two years before filing bankruptcy can be problematic. I would urge you to click here to find a local bankruptcy attorney and discuss this with them.

Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.

Want More Help?
Here are 3 things you can do right now
Choice1 Choice2 Choice3 Big Hug!
Get Out of Debt Guy - Twitter , Facebook
If you have a credit or debt question you'd like to ask just use the online form .

About the author

Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

Share a Comment / Leave a Reply

Scroll to Top