A reader forwarded me the following mailer she received. It is a spinoff of the many bogus debt relief mailers over the past few years.
This mailer bears the following identification:
- Document NPDRA2012
- Non-Profit Debt Relief Agency – Pre-Qualification Notice
- Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act of 2009
- Claims to be associated with a “Certified Non-Profit 501c3 Debt Relief Agency”
The mailer says it is directed at people who have handled their current creditor payments in a responsible way. And it falsely states that because of that somehow the creditors are willing to pre-qualify the recipient into a consolidated payment plan that will have “NO NEGATIVE effect on your credit score.”
If you receive one of these mailers, my advice is to throw it away. In my opinion it is not based in fact, is deceptive, and unfairly lures consumers into a program under false pretenses.
No legitimate credit counseling group I am aware of would ever sanction such a marketing effort.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
- Update on Case Against Premier Student Loan Center - November 22, 2021
- I Heard We Can Negotiate Our Debts for Free Without Paying Anybody - November 18, 2021
- Is Damon Day for Real, Can I Trust Him With My Student Loans or is He a Scam? - November 12, 2021