Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts Tax Related

What Company Can Setup a Levy Release Payment Plan With The IRS for Me? – Yolanda

“Dear Jim,

I currently own back taxes and just had my bank account hit with Levy. What tax relief company can help get the levy off and set up payment paid that can support my budget. I just started work and have alot of bills. The levy placed my account in a negtive, can’t pay my rent and other items will overdraft my account. IRS would not accept my previous payment plan. Own over 10K

A company that can help get the levy removed in the next 10 days and set up payments that will put be further in debt.


Hi Yolanda:

My advice, if you need assistance, is to see a local tax professional. If you owe less than $50,000 and can afford a payment plan, you may be able to set up a payment plan immediately (ask for a streamlined installment agreement) and ask the IRS for a levy release.

You can usually get a levy release if you need the funds to pay for necessary living expenses such as rent.

If you need to find a local tax pro that is inexpensive, look for an enrolled agent I your area. They can usually charge by the hour.

Thanks. And let me know if you have any questions.


Jim Buttonow is one of the resident debt experts here at that helps people for free. Jim is a licensed CPA who spent 19 years with the IRS coordinating large compliance teams of IRS agents and specialized personnel. In the last 5 years, Jim has invented consumer and practitioner software and treatises on how to address many different tax issues. He has also represented many people before the IRS examination, collection, filing, and appeals functions. He currently assists taxpayers on an active pro bono tax practice aimed at serving people in need. He can be reached at

If you have a tax question you’d like to ask just use the online form. I’m happy to help you totally for free.

READ  The IRS Won't Stop Chasing Us for Debt We Don't Owe

About the author

Jim Buttonnow

Jim Buttonow, CPA/CITP, practices in the area of IRS and State tax controversy. He has more than 29 years of experience in IRS practice and procedure. Reach Jim at [email protected] or through his website

Leave a Comment

Scroll to Top