Latest Posts
Home > Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts > I’m in South Africa and My Husband is in Administration But We Need a Loan. – Rene

I’m in South Africa and My Husband is in Administration But We Need a Loan. – Rene

“Dear Steve,

I need a loan but do not work my husband works for me and he cant apply because he is under adminastration

my question is can i apply than he can pay


Dear Rene,

I think you live in South Africa. If I’m wrong, let me know.

But if your husband is in an administration in South Africa he is prohibited from taking on more debt. Even if you took out the loan, he would still have an obligation to repay you and that would add to his debt burden.

If you can qualify for the loan on your income alone, then you are free to do that.

I spoke to Deborah Solomon from The Debt Counseling Industry in South Africa, she said, “It sounds as if you need a debt counsellor who can also assist to take your husband out of administration and rather place him under debt review. Administration is very much more expensive with very limited rights as opposed to the debt counselling process.”

You can reach The Debt Counseling Industry website at

Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.

Get Out of Debt Free Hotline
debt settlement helpstudent loan help

About Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode
Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

Get My FREE Get Out of Debt Guy Newsletter

It is the smart thing to do.

I promise to keep your email safe and secure.


I want to keep you posted each weekday with just one email about the latest get out of debt news, scam alerts and information to beat back debt.

You can unsubscribe at any time with just one click.

After you subscribe, check your email to confirm your subscription. If the confirmation email does not appear in your inbox in a few minutes, check your spam folder for it. Sometimes it likes to annoyingly hide there.

  • It will keep you posted on the latest scams.
  • You will be alerted to the latest articles.
  • You will wind up smarter than everyone else dealing with debt.