Our Impression of What the Company Offers to Consumers
I spotted an advertisement for student.getdebtaid.com.
The advertisement took me to a site that appears to be nothing but a lead generation site.
The claim is that people may qualify for student loan debt relief but no programs are actually expiring. In my opinion the advertisement is misleading.
The disclaimer they provide on the bottom of their website appears to be geared more for debt settlement than student loan help.
Since this appears to be a lead generator site, consumer have no idea who will receive their personal information.
The GetDebtAid.com website does not disclose where the company is located.
107 S Old Statesville Rd
Huntersville NC 28078 – Source
Other companies operating out of the same address include Debt Apply, LenderHelpLine.com, Legal Media Team, Giant Media, Automotive Guarantee, Giant Media, PocketSomeCash.com, FileBankruptcyHelp.com, and MyRefiOptions.com. – Source, Source, Internet Services in Huntersville, NC 28078, Source, Source, Source, Disclosures & Disclaimers
Additional Contact Information
The website students.getdebtaid.com offers the following description:
“Disclaimers: The information and notices contained on this website are intended as general research and information and are expressly not intended, and should not be regarded, as financial or legal advice. We attempt to ensure that the material contained on the web-site is accurate and complete at the date first published, however you should recognize that information contained on this web-site may become out of date over time. We match consumers with service providers in our network. The hiring of a service provider is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements. The retention of a client is subject to review and qualification. By submitting your info you agree to be contacted by our partners via phone and / or email. Each partner will provide a proposal for services & may charge a fee for their service. Initial budget review is at no charge. Results vary based on ability to save funds, complete all program terms & willingness of creditors to renegotiate. Our partners do not guarantee that your loans will be resolved for a specific amount or percentage or within a specific period of time. It is your sole responsibility to assure you read and understand all program agreements & disclosures provided directly by our partners prior to accepting. Not available in all states.” – Source
There is no company starting with Giant Media that is registered to do business in North Carolina.
Student loan debt relief.
The advertisement offered by this company makes misleading claims.
- It claims it is a student loan reduction program when in fact they do not offer a program and are a lead generator.
- Claims student loan debt may be reduced but only a minority of students are able to get their debt forgiven or reduced.
- Claims a student loan debt reduction program will be ending soon but the Department of Education has no end in sight for their programs.
- Says student loans may be settled for less. There is not foundation for that statement.
I was unable to reach anyone by phone to inquire about the program.
My request for information was responded to by:
Thank-you for your online inquiry for help with your student loans. Just recently the government has released some new programs to help struggling students consolidate, and possibly lower their payments.
Please contact me at your earliest convenience, so we can analyze your situation and take a look at what programs are available for you. I’ve included an article to give you a look at the big picture of the Student Loan Debt in the US.
Student Loan Consolidation Analyst
P | 561-450-9099
F | 561-853-0875
E |[email protected]
This domain is owned by:
244 NW 5th Ave
Delray Beach, Florida 33444
According to tState of Florida records GreenStudent is a fictitious name file by James Van Elswyk on February 27, 2013. – Source
This site has other articles about a James Van Elswyk as well.
XFFK CONSULTING, LLC
55 S. E. 2ND AVE. 1RST FLOOR
DELRAY BEACH, FL 33444 – Source
[First_Name] [Last_Name] [Phone] [BestTimetoCall] [Email] [City] [State] [Zip] [Loan_Type] [Total_Loans] [Loans_In_Default_] [Student_Debt]
This domain is owned by:
5425 E. Bell Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Your pre-application was accepted.
Your case number is #18581385
To assure you do not miss out on this program we must speak with you to verify your information.
Please call us directly at 1-888-251-5252 with your case number so we may complete your application.
The last public ownership identification was on June 15, 2012.
10904 Carver Pond Rd
Charlotte, NC 28269
Our Opinion After Review
We previously wrote a guide on what companies should offer in a fair and consumer friendly student loan service program. Please read How to Run a Clean Student Loan Assistance Program. In addition we provide the following guides to check out debt relief companies:
- The Ultimate Consumer Guide to Checking Out a Debt Relief Company Before You Sign On the Line
- How to Check Out a Business or Company to Avoid Getting Scammed or Ripped Off
- Program Fees Clearly Stated on Site: No
- Client Agreement Clearly Available on Site: No
- States Consumers Can Contact Department of Education Directly to Consolidate and Reduce Payments for Free: No
- Provides clear link to Department of Education Loan Options: No
- Provides Historical Performance Statistics: No
- Clearly Identifies Management/Officers on Site: No
- Company is Clearly Registered to Business: No
It is our opinion the program reviewed here DOES NOT MEET OUR RECOMMENDED STANDARDS.
Scam, Complaint, Review or Praise
If you’ve had experience with this company, good or bad, you would like to share, please post your comments in the comments section below.
If you have a client agreement or paperwork you can share which this company gave you, you can do so here.
If this is your company, please read the site review policy and feel free to post information in the comments you would like to share about your company.
If you feel something reported in this review is incorrect, please report it here so we can fix the error.
For Those Looking for Student Loan Resources
Before you pay any company for assistance with your student loans, be sure to check out our free student loan assistance links and guides below.
Student Loan Resources
You can use the following student loan resources to help reorganize, discharge or forgive your student loan payments.
The Overall Guide to Dealing With Student Loan Debt
Get Help For Your Student Loan Problem
Discharge Your Student Loans in Bankruptcy
- How to Really Discharge Your Student Loans in Bankruptcy. Many Can. But Never Try.
- A Look at Sallie Mae and Other Student Loans Discharged in Bankruptcy in 2012
- Federal Student Loans Discharged in Bankruptcy. A Look at the Surprising 2012 Data and Cases.
- These Private Student Loans Can Be Easily Discharged in Bankruptcy
- All Student Loan Bankruptcy Discharge Articles
Getting Sued Over a Student Loan
Private Student Loan Help
- Top 10 Reasons You Should Stop Paying Your Unaffordable Private Student Loan
- Private Student Loan Lenders Silently Slash Debt But You Don’t Know It
Student Loan Default
Student Loan Forgiveness and Discharge Information
- The Ultimate Guide to Dealing With Student Loans You Can’t Afford
- Obama Student Loan Forgivess Program
- Military Student Loan Forgiveness and Discharge Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness or Discharge Can Create a Huge Tax Bill. Watch Out!
- Student Loan Public Service Loan Forgiveness – New Forms and Documentation Released
- Government Student Loan Disability Discharge
Watch Out for Student Loan Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Assistance Rescue Scams On the Rise – Buyer Beware
- Student Loan Assistance Report Out. Shows Danger of Such Programs.
Administrative Wage Garnishment
Student Loan Consolidation Information
- Student Loan Consolidation Payment and Interest Rate Calculator
- Student Loan Consolidation Opportunities and the Best Way to Lower Your Student Loan Payments
- Federal Direct Consolidation Loan Online Calculator
Specific Federal Student Loan Repayment Program Information
- Standard Repayment Plan
- Graduated Repayment Plan
- Extended Repayment Plan
- Income Based Repayment Plan
- Pay As You Earn Repayment Plan
- Income Contingent Repayment Plan
- Income Sensitive Repayment Plan