I fell for subscribing to Zoosk, despite what I felt were unusually high charges. One day later, after being sent some “Profiles,” I decided to cancel. They will let you cancel and not get their emails and FB messages, but you are bound to pay the entire amount. In this case about $99.00.
Is Isn’t there a three-day “cooling off period” for such internet dating sites? I would certainly like to know; and find out how I can get these charges OFF my credit card. Any suggestions? Is there a cooling Is there a way I can get these charges OFF my credit card, short of cancelling my credit card?
For those not familiar with Zoosk it is an online dating website. – Source
Cancellation of Subscriptions. TO CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AT ANY TIME, OTHER THAN PURSUANT TO SECTION 21, GO TO THE “SETTINGS” PAGE OF YOUR ACCOUNT, CLICK ON ” SUBSCRIPTION” AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION, OTHER THAN PURSUANT TO SECTION 21, YOUR SUBSCRIPTION BENEFITS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL THE END OF YOUR THEN CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION TERM, BUT YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL NOT BE RENEWED AFTER THAT TERM EXPIRES. YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO A PRORATED REFUND OF ANY PORTION OF THE SUBSCRIPTION FEES PAID FOR THE THEN CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION TERM, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 21 OF THIS AGREEMENT OR AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
They also state the only places people have a right to a cooling off period are Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, and Wisconsin. – Source
Based on where your email came from it does not look as if you live in one of those states above. You are not stating the charge was made fraudulently, but that you changed your mind after enrolling.
It will probably be difficult then to avoid paying for that charge.
Be sure you have cancelled the service according to their directions so that it does not automatically renew.
If your Subscription is set to automatically renew, and you would prefer to not renew, follow these instructions:
- Log in to Zoosk.com from a laptop, desktop, or tablet computer
- Click on your user name menu at the top of the page and select ‘Personals Settings’
- Click on ‘Subscription’, found on the left side of the page
- Click on ‘Cancel My Subscription’
- To proceed with the cancellation click ‘No, please cancel my Subscription’
- Provide an answer to one of the survey questions to successfully complete the cancellation
- After canceling a Subscription that was set to renew, you will have Subscriber benefits until the end of your billing cycle.
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.