My Husband and I Are Considering Filing Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in Oklahoma. – Amber


“Dear Steve,

My husband and I are considering filing chapter 7 bankruptcy in Oklahoma. The only thing that I have in my name is $5,000 worth of property. My grandparents gave it to me and the way the deed is wrote up is that I can’t ever sell it. It can only be passed down to the family or possibly sold within the family. We don’t have anything else in our name. Could I get my property exempt from being taken? There isn’t anything on the property, but we want to keep it. It’s the only thing we have.



Dear Amber,

I could look that up and give you an answer but you need to go and see a local bankruptcy attorney and ask him or her your question. The bankruptcy attorney will be happy to explain everything and answer all of your questions before you decide to go bankrupt.

If you don’t know of a local bankruptcy attorney you can click here to schedule a free bankruptcy consultation.

A bankruptcy attorney that is licensed in Oklahoma will know what the laws are in Oklahoma and what tricks or techniques might be available to help you with the property situation.

Whatever you do, don’t rely on anyone but an Oklahoma bankruptcy attorney for an answer to your situation.


You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.

Do you have a question you'd like to ask me for free? Go ahead and click here.

Follow Me
Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.
Steve Rhode
Follow Me
Latest posts by Steve Rhode (see all)
See also  I'm Just Starting to Become Delinquent With Credit Cards And Going to File Bankruptcy. Should I Tell My Creditors? - Laura

Leave a Comment