How Do I Go About Getting My Credit Score Back Up? – CH
I have a bad credit score from some late pays on my home from a couple of years ago and one report said that one was a missed payment? Also there is a no pay on one other collection. Since than I have a good paying job and I can’t get a loan.
I need to know how to get my credit score back up. I don’t have any credit cards and all I have is a house payment. Does getting credit cards help? If not what do I need to do. Thank you.
Rebuilding your credit is a fairly simply process. All you need to do is plant some action and water it with a little time.
Want Better Credit? Do This!
- Get a copy of your consolidated credit report. This credit report is the one I use myself. A consolidated one is easier to read and allows you to quickly compare what each of the credit bureaus are saying about you. They all have different information about you.
- Be sure to order your credit score with your report. It will show you what each of the three bureaus is reporting about you. None of the scores will match. When I pulled my credit report the other day my credit scores were 20 apart. When you order the score, the consolidated credit report will tell you exactly why your score is what it is and what you can do to improve it. So simple.
- If you find items on your credit report that are not reported accurately then you can dispute those items online with two of the credit bureaus. The third you’ll have to write in and point out the incorrect information.
- The credit bureaus will seek to check the information with the original creditor or just remove the disputed item.
- If you have any open and outstanding collection accounts showing, pay them off.
- Now that you’ve cleaned up the foundation, let’s start to build some good credit. To do this you’ll have to get some new credit, a credit card or two. Use the card responsibly and let them report your on-time payments to the credit bureaus. After six months you’ll notice that your score will start to climb nicely.