What Do I Do With This IRS CP2000 Claim I Owe Tax On a Cancelled Debt?

Question: Dear Jim, I received a CP2000 concerning a bank cancellation of debt, this was due to insolvency. I did not know I had to file this on my 2018 tax return because I honestly do not remember receiving it. The total due is over $2000 in taxes after IRS computed calculated adjustments. I would …

Read more