1. It was recommended to file chapter 7 (approximately 15+ yrs ago) Not able to discharge student loans -still have to date. Any exception to the rules to request a review of student loan only. My credit is excellent to date
2. Any an all exception/ rule/ regulation I paid the total amount due by customer service rep in 2014 approx 10,000 and apparently additional 1200 remains outstanding) In addition, to the still remaining 2/2 student loan originally 24,000 18 yrs later owe 60.000.
Paying off the $1,200 would be cheaper than a second bankruptcy at this point.
The bigger issue is the second loan. It appears the balance is substantially more because you were on an income-driven repayment plan or you were on forbearance or delinquent at some point.
Is that larger loan a federal or private student loan. Please let me know in the comments section below.
- Who Knew TitleMax Sucked This Bad? - February 23, 2023
- Litigation Practice Group Lawsuit by Business Partner All Service Financial – We Want Our Money - January 24, 2023
- HomeAdvisor and Angi to Pay Up To $7.2 Million and Stop Deceptively Marketing its Leads for Home Improvement Projects - January 23, 2023
2 thoughts on “I Previously Filed Bankruptcy and Still Owe a Lot on an Old Student Loan”
Hi Steve, I’m not Patricia but have a similar situation. My loans are serviced by FedLoan.
So these are federal student loans, correct?