Latest Posts
Home > Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts > Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Sued Me and Now Have a Judgment Against Me. – Jay

Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Sued Me and Now Have a Judgment Against Me. – Jay

“Dear Steve,

Been hastled by weltman weinberg and reis co. They now have a judgement against me for an old credit card. They are now trying for writ of execution.

I have recently had a judgement against me for 5,000. This is for a debt owed to a credit card that was charged 3,000. I am on unemployment and have no way to settle this debt at this time. They will not accept an all be it low payment of 10 dollars a month but for now that is all i can afford. They asked for a writ of execution. I rent an apartment and my gf is on the lease. Everything in the apartment is owned by her I just pay the rent and bills although she does not have reciepts to prove this as these are items owned for years such as a TV, Couch, Game system ect. I do not own a car and I closed all bank accounts. What Can they do to me? Can they take my Girlfriends property?

Should I file bankruptcy to protect her assets?

Please help.



Dear Jay,

Nobody really wants an old television or couch. It sounds like you have an argument to prove the stuff you have now is not yours, but that really doesn’t address the bigger picture.

Unless you plan on not having stuff in the future, and living off the grid, then you really need to step-up and address this issue. Either make payment arrangements or click here to find a local bankruptcy attorney you like. Bankruptcy will kill the judgment and let you move forward with your life. There is a cost to bankruptcy but there is also a life cost to living like a homeless guy and afraid to have anything. How’s that working for you?

Get Out of Debt Free Hotline
debt settlement helpstudent loan help

About Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode
Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.
  • Jay

    Thanks Steve for taking the time to comment on my situation. I cant afford payments and I cant afford bankruptcy so I guess im just floating down the unemployed river untill I find work. Once I do I will try to make payments or claim bankruptcy. Just so long as in the mean time the sherrif cant come and take my girlfriends property then they can keep a judgement on me for as long as they like. Thank you for you time what your doing here is truely a blessing for those who need advice and cant afford to speak with a lawyer.

    Thanks again hugs back at ya

    • Steve Rhode


      Whoa there buckaroo. I am happy to help but I’m no substitute for speaking to a lawyer. Good legal advice comes from a lawyer licensed in your state, not from some guy out on the Internet. I’m just sharing what I’ve seen from experience.

      And on the judgment, you’ll want to take care of that as soon as you can, when you can. It will sit and earn interest as long as it is not addressed. The debt will continue to grow.


Get My FREE Get Out of Debt Guy Newsletter

It is the smart thing to do.

I promise to keep your email safe and secure.


I want to keep you posted each weekday with just one email about the latest get out of debt news, scam alerts and information to beat back debt.

You can unsubscribe at any time with just one click.

After you subscribe, check your email to confirm your subscription. If the confirmation email does not appear in your inbox in a few minutes, check your spam folder for it. Sometimes it likes to annoyingly hide there.

  • It will keep you posted on the latest scams.
  • You will be alerted to the latest articles.
  • You will wind up smarter than everyone else dealing with debt.