What Can I Do to Get Capital One Off My Credit Report? – Sam

“Dear Steve,

Do You Have a Question You'd Like Help With? Contact Debt Coach Damon Day. Click here to reach Damon.

I opened a capital one visa in 2002. I fell behind in payments and the next thing I knew the balance due was 700.00. It has been ten years ago and they are still showing the account as a charge off. They report it monthly . The balance is no longer 700 its 1300.
What can I do to have this removed from my credit reports?



Dear Sam,

Get a copy of your consolidated credit report and see which of the three credit bureaus are reporting the account. Then follow the dispute process with each credit bureau, the information on how to dispute will be contained in the consolidated credit report. Since it has been longer than seven years since it was first reported delinquent it should be easily removed by the credit bureau.

Please update me on your progress by

Follow Me
Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.
Steve Rhode
Follow Me