Reader Questions

Is Legal Helpers Debt Resolution My Promised Way Out of Debt? – BJ

I was referred by a “friend” to Legal Helpers Debt Resolution (LHDR). I had an employee who stole a large amount from me using my charge cards. A forensic accountant meet with her, obtained a hand written, signed confession from her. She made arrangements to make payments to me, which were not enough to cover the monthly amount, but prosecution wouldn’t have provided any relief (as per the forensic accountant). My income was greatly diminished due to the economy and I was certain I could no longer make the minimum payments which were not moving me forward toward being debt free.

LHDR seemed a viable alternative, considering the credit card companies were unwilling to make any arrangements to help.

I was promised many things, including a minimum reduction of my debt to 1/4 it’s current amount. There was a required recorded conversation, which I participated in, but it ran out before a required statement was to be read to me (this was shared with me by the agent for LHDR who paniced when he didn’t get the statement in). He mentioned to me they apparantly didn’t listen to the whole tape, and processed it without the “statement”. Would that be a way out of the contract?

I can not file bankruptcy or have lawsuits because having my name drug through court, or in the paper would end my business relationships with clients.

Any suggestions?

BJ




This reader question was submitted for site members to answer.

This is your chance to be a hero and help out this person by providing your feedback and answer to the question. Post your response in the comments section below.

If you have a credit or debt question you’d like to ask just use the online form.

Sincerly,
Steve

You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.


See also  Lawyer Accuses Legal Helpers Debt Resolution of Fee Splitting with Non-Attorneys and Committing Fraud



About the author

Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

14 Comments

  • YEA RIGHT STEVE YOU MAKE UP MORE THAN 75% OF YOUR ARTICLES.. THE OTHER 25% IS ARTICLES THAT ARE TALKING ABOUT COMPANYS YOU PROMOTE AND GET PAID TO PROMOTE

Leave a Comment

Scroll to Top