Married 8 years
Wife was home on Maternity leave in 06. I was mortage broker. Wife does not handle money stress well at all.
Money was tight.
I used credit cards and HELOC to meet bill obligations.
Have about 55k in debt wife does not know about.
She has recently started her own business and I am self employed as well.
I really want to keep her from the stress, but it’s starting to ride on my nerves and conscience…
…to add fuel the the fire, she thinks there is about 25k in the bank. There is about 11k.
Just writing this makes me look at myself differently. I’m a great dad. I treat her really well. I Do everything I can to make all happy, but this big 900 pound lie is hiding inside my mind.
Any thoughts or advice are appreciated.
How do I tell her about this debt?
Should I tell her?
Have you seen a successful resolution of a scenario like this?
I don’t even know how she would react.
I sometimes think she would want a divorce.
I think this video I did earlier covers this topic with advice that will help.
- How do I tell her about this debt? Watch the videos above and below.
- Should I tell her? Yes, you really don’t have any other choice.
- Have you seen a successful resolution of a scenario like this? Yes. Mine did.
- I don’t even know how she would react. She’s going to be pissed off.
- I sometimes think she would want a divorce. If you come up with a plan on how to deal with this and you are honest with her, then I don’t think it will end in divorce.
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
Do you have a question you'd like to ask me for free? Go ahead and click here.
- Who Knew TitleMax Sucked This Bad? - February 23, 2023
- Litigation Practice Group Lawsuit by Business Partner All Service Financial – We Want Our Money - January 24, 2023
- HomeAdvisor and Angi to Pay Up To $7.2 Million and Stop Deceptively Marketing its Leads for Home Improvement Projects - January 23, 2023