Latest Posts
Home > Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts > We’d Like to File for Bankruptcy But Don’t Know Who We Owe. – Melissa

We’d Like to File for Bankruptcy But Don’t Know Who We Owe. – Melissa

“Dear Steve,

My husband and I would like to file for backruptcy. it is to the point that we can not get a credit card, bank account. we would like to be able to rent an apartment of our own wth our 3 children. right now we are struggling to make ends meet but we are trying our best but we are having a hard time.

we are trying to find out how we can find out who we owe and how much


Dear Melissa,

The fastest, most comprehensive and best way to get this accomplished is to order a copy of your consolidated credit report online. Use the link, it’s the one I like best.

The consolidated credit report will show you the combination of what all the three major credit reports have on file. Each one is slightly different. They don’t report the same information. That’s why a consolidated report is the most comprehensive. You can order it online and within a minute you can print it out.

Armed with that data you can go to the bankruptcy attorney and start this process.

Don’t worry about rebuilding your credit following bankruptcy. It’s very easy to do, just follow this process.

Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.

Get Out of Debt Free Hotline
debt settlement helpstudent loan help

About Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode
Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

Get My FREE Get Out of Debt Guy Newsletter

It is the smart thing to do.

I promise to keep your email safe and secure.


I want to keep you posted each weekday with just one email about the latest get out of debt news, scam alerts and information to beat back debt.

You can unsubscribe at any time with just one click.

After you subscribe, check your email to confirm your subscription. If the confirmation email does not appear in your inbox in a few minutes, check your spam folder for it. Sometimes it likes to annoyingly hide there.

  • It will keep you posted on the latest scams.
  • You will be alerted to the latest articles.
  • You will wind up smarter than everyone else dealing with debt.