Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts Credit Report / Credit Score

The Credit Report Has the Wrong Name on It as an Alias. – Paul

“Dear Steve,

My brother’s name is Chris H and my wife’s name is Carrie H. Some how my brothers credit report has him listed as Chris H AKA Carrie H. They filed a report with the credit bureaus explaining the error but it hasn’t been fixed and this has been going on for quite a while.

A friend of my sister-in-laws who helps mentally disabled people get their credit fixed when their identity gets stolen said that she should have my wife fill out an afidavit stating that she is Carrie Hackett and not Chris Hackett and never has been. They asked us to get it notorized and they would send it in with their other documentation to try and get this fixed again. I’m just checking to see if this is the best route and if there is some type of template that we can use for this form.


Dear Paul,

That’s a fairly common problem. There was some issue that caused their names to be crossed. It could have been something as simple as a data entry error by a creditor at one time.

You can try that route you mentioned, file another dispute with the credit bureaus or just find a local attorney to pay to write a letter to each of the three credit bureaus in an effort to get it corrected. That may be a faster way to handle it at this point but it will cost you some money.

Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.

morehelp1 Choice1 Choice2 Choice3 Big Hug!
Get Out of Debt Guy - Twitter , G+ , Facebook
If you have a credit or debt question you'd like to ask just use the online form .

READ  How Can I Deal With My T-Mobile Credit Report Fraud?

About the author

Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

Share a Comment / Leave a Reply

Scroll to Top
%d bloggers like this: