have contract with debt settlement firm i have asked you things before was very pleased with your detailed answers
have you ever heard of a debt settlement firm paying a creditor acct. for a client and now they show i owe them
I have seen the situation before. This can arise from one of two primary ways.
- The settlement deal was reached with an outside collection agent of the creditor who they will say did not have the authority to agree to such a deal.
- The settlement deal was not obtained in writing saying that the balance of the debt would be discharged.
I’d suggest you get your hands on the agreement the debt settlement company got from the creditor and produce a copy of that to the creditor in question.
Most of these issues are purely administrative and can be resolved with a copy of the settlement agreement.
Your debt settlement company should gladly help you to clear up this issue. If not, let me know.
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
Do you have a question you'd like to ask me for free? Go ahead and click here.
- Financial Education Services Fighting Back Against FTC Over Credit Repair Allegations - June 30, 2022
- Certified Benefits Statement Debt Relief Mailer – Bin It - June 29, 2022
- Debt Collectors Told They Can’t Charge You to Pay - June 29, 2022