I used to live in dubai from 2000 to 2009 and i failed to pay the loan and the credit cards before moving to the US and this year 2012 when I was visiting my family in my home country i got a call from a lawyer office telling me that they are the local collective agency and they will follow with me till i pay the full amount. now i am back to the US and i am contacting them by phone only, i didnt tell them that i live outside the country i dont think they are supposed to know??!! anyway i suggested if possible to pay by monthly settlements but they insist in paying a big amout first as advance then they will agree about paying monthly.
my questions are:1- Shall I insist in not paying any advance and to keep paying monthly? especialy that I dont have a job in the US yet. 2- am i going to need a lawyer to help me and to contact the agency back home or to contact the bank in dubai? Do I need a credit conselor? will you advice me one? BTW I live around Greensboro NC.
Do You Have a Question You'd Like Help With? Contact Debt Coach Damon Day. Click here to reach Damon.
Please Steve I need your help with this I am having daily nightmares because of all this.
A couple of important questions for you to answer first.
- What country are you a citizen of?
- Do you have any anticipation or expectation you will need to travel to Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, or United Arab Emirates in the future?
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.
- We Rise From the Dead Yet Again – Podcast - October 2, 2023
- Lexington Law Credit Repair Gets Hammered in Lawsuit Settlement. If You Sell Credit Repair – Wake Up! - August 28, 2023
- People That Got Scammed by Robocall Debt Relief Company Life Management Services of Orange County to Get Money Back - July 7, 2023